Thursday, October 09, 2008

Lois Brown is just Not Worth the Risk!

I first began blogging about Lois Brown in February 2007 as Lois contested Kirk West for the Conservative party nomination for the federal riding of Newmarket/Aurora. Originally my impetus for blogging was that, in my opinion, Kirk West represented a young man who was chock full of great and very innovative ideas on how to serve riding constituents and as such was light years ahead of anything that Lois offered. His campaign slogan of "Not The Same Old Same Old" said it all! On the other hand, it was readily apparent, even to the casual observer, that Lois Brown was devoid of any original or innovative ideas. Lois' concept of an original thought was the robotic repetition of the Conservative mantra of the day. Quite okay if you're sucking up to leadership, but not nearly enough to break down the walls of a traditional and historic Liberal stronghold.

As the nomination race "heated-up" a number of bloggers began leaving comments in response to my posts alleging various improprieties and possible wrongdoings by Lois, all of which were corroborated, and then published on my blog. It is very important to stress that not once did Lois Brown challenge or respond in any way to these very serious allegations.

Rather than turning this into a very lengthy post, I would urge you to visit my archives starting with my first Lois Brown on Feb 10/07. Here are a few highlights;

  • a comment was left by a blogger accusing Lois and the former Alliance party riding association of improprieties and possible wrong-doings in the actual voting process during the vote which nominated Lois as the Alliance candidate. As well the final vote count was never announced nor has it ever been made public. Lois has never responded nor commented on this allegation.
  • during her 2007 nomination campaign, Lois' old web site stated that she was endorsed by Frank Klees. One blogger posted that Frank Klees was not endorsing either Lois or Kirk. Another blogger challenged Lois to produce evidence of Frank Klee's endorsement which she never did. A third blogger stated that Frank Klees had fired Lois while she was working for him. Lois has never responded nor commented on the supposed endorsement.
  • allegations surfaced in her 2007 nomination campaign that Lois was given preferential access to the Conservative party riding membership list by the executive of the riding association supposedly to "renew lapsed memberships." Kirk West was never asked to help in resigning lapsed members at that time. Lois had the membership list for at least 5 months prior to the nomination vote, making trips to Ottawa to deliver signed members, while Kirk received his copy with just weeks left before the vote. Lois has never responded to this allegation, nor has the executive of the riding association.
  • on the night of the nomination vote Lois Brown's people felt it ethical to plaster all four walls of the auditorium with her campaign material, in addition to covering the backrests of every single chair. It was only after Kirk West arrived and initially was unable to display his material, that someone instructed Lois' people that they were only entitled to use 2 walls only. The bottom line was that enough space was cleared for Kirk to display one sign and leave a synopsis of his vision for the riding on most of the chairs.
  • On the night of the nomination vote, Stephen Somerville then the president of the riding association, in his opening remarks openly endorsed Lois from the podium prior to the candidates speeches and before the vote. Two Questions .... is this legal and ethical? Secondly .... why Stephen?

Personally, the most interesting aspect of this entire fiasco is that somewhere along the way, some nitwit or a collection of nitwits within the Lois Brown campaign ... maybe Lois Brown herself apparently began to feel uncomfortable with my blogs .... and suddenly the accusation was made that I ...Robert Otto was not Robert Otto at all. These matrons of the logically challenged suddenly deduced that Robert Otto was Kirk West.

They had arrived at their conclusion because, after scrutinizing the membership list(s), and telephone directories they were unable to find a listing for Robert Otto. Obviously it had never occurred to them that I might not be a registered member of the Conservative party (which I'm not) or that I could have an unlisted telephone.

Rather than Lois Brown confronting me directly to challenge and repudiate my allegations Lois' people began to send me juvenile emails asking .... "that I reveal myself because I could be easily working for Belinda Stronach" ... that "I'm hiding in the shadows and suffering from a small man complex" ... and that "I should expose myself otherwise everything on my blog may as well be an urban legend" ... URBAN LEGEND ....oooooooh .......I like that!

It is also my understanding from several sources that apparently sometime after Lois Brown defeated Kirk West she asked for a meeting with Kirk to discuss the Robert Otto blogs. She was still firmly convinced that Kirk was me. Apparently Lois and a number of her disciples grilled Kirk at a coffee shop...... HATS OFF TO KIRK FOR EVEN ATTENDING THAT MEETING. PERSONALLY I WOULD HAVE TOLD LOIS TO TAKE A FLYING FADOO. But that's just me ...I'm plain Cantankerous.

I also understand that Kirk has now been in effect blackballed from the party by Lois Brown.

LOIS ........ENOUGH IS FINALLY ENOUGH !!!!!!!!!!

I will not stand by any longer as you run rough-shod over other people with your Gestapo-like tactics. Kirk West has never done one single solitary thing to harm you. As a matter of fact he even went so far as to step aside when you asked him to so that you could lose to Belinda Stronach in the last election. Did he also not campaign for you????? You should be ashamed of yourself if only you knew how.

You have impugned the integrity and reputation of a fine young man. Kirk deserves a public apology from you and from all of the others who participated in defaming him.

LOIS I challenge you to meet me ..... Robert Otto ...Not KIRK WEST. We will meet in the same coffee shop and you can bring as many people as you wish. I will bring two members of the press because quite frankly I can't trust you to tell the truth after the meeting is over. I will answer all of your questions and you will answer all of my allegations. Once were done you can make the trip to Kirk West's house and apologize.

LOIS .... MY NAME IS ROBERT OTTO ..... AND YOU'RE 15 SECONDS OF FAME ARE UP!!!!

Just email me with your contact information and I will be there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Warren:

You are an empty shell of a rumour of a person. You embarrass everyone associated with you, and will likely cause your "leader" much damage.

Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I love the reference to the American President. You go Andy Sheppard!

Anonymous said...

Dude. Take your meds.

Robert Otto said...

Already have Darren. Lois is like a continuous valium drip untill someone else writes her material. Then she becomes somewhat interesting,

Robert Otto said...

Thanks. Like the Andy Sheppard character a lot. Unfortunately Lois would not meet with me so I guess there will be no debate. She didn't even last 15 seconds.

Robert Otto said...

It might be presumptious of me to respond to a comment directed at Warren by Anonymous ... however, let me just say that Lois Brown isn't doing Mr. Harper any favours either.
Quite frankly I liked Lois a lot better when she was "sucking-up for votes" at Newmarket/Aurora strawberry socials during the past 3 federal election campaigns rather than making statements in the House which were obviously scripted for her....just sayin!