Sunday, February 11, 2007

Memo to: Lois Brown

Dear Lois,

My grandfather once told me; "Son you are what you think, and not what you think you are!"

Your new website is a wonderful illustration of his advice to me so many years ago. Seems that you think a lot about yourself .... almost 8 web pages worth.

Oh by the way, don't forget to attend the Strawberry and Cream Social on February 25 at Del's Chicken Shack, home of the world famous $2.99 Big Chick Dinner Pack!

PS:

If you are interested in learning more about someone who really cares about representing the people of Newmarket/Aurora with the respect which they deserve visit; www.kirkwest.ca
This young man, who is also seeking the Conservative nomination, is as innovative as they come and is light years ahead of you, and I would say, most others already elected and serving in Ottawa.

His campaign slogan of Not The Same Old Same Old is not only brilliant but right on the mark!!! Check out his streaming videos, podcasts and blog. But then again I know that you already have. Deep Nose, my mole within the riding association tells me that you are more than a little nervous. Oh my!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lets hope we can all work together after the nomination is over. You must know no matter how things go Lois will still be there working away tirelessly, but mean spirited comments like this do not do the party any good. I have been a member of this riding association since it began after the Alliance, and I have noticed there are some very mean spirited people. Why not all conduct ourselves in a mature way so we will be a more powerful team? I am still shaking my head from the vulgar language the honourable Mr. Cole used during the 2nd Lois Belinda Nomination meeting. When I asked him if we could count on his support for Lois he used some very uncalled for street language. I am a lady, his associate is my eye doctor, and now I can no longer respect this man. Lets act honourably and conduct ourselves as people of good character and work together instead of stooping to low comments that would probably offend your grandfather. I am certain your grandfather would have found Lois to be a true lady. There is so much talk about getting more woman into politics, but that will only happen when we learn to accept that a lady's style is different than a gentleman's.

Robert Otto said...

Nice to hear from you again Dianne,

I'm sure that Lois is a true lady, and I accept that a lady's style is different than that of a gentleman's.

That is not my issue. I was talking about the lack of Lois' substance over her style.

I have yet to read or hear a single opinion or position statement on any matter affecting our riding ... Belinduh excepted ...even my 7 year old grandaughter has an opinion on that one! ... but I hear and read an awful lot about where Lois has been and what future event she will be attending.

What does Lois talk about at these events and why don't we hear about her positions on important matters of the day?

If I've missed something over the last 4 years, I sure would like to hear about it!

By the way ... please visit www.kirkwest.blogspot.com Under Kirk's post entitled Our Little Mosque in Newmarket, you'll read a comment from another one of Lois' supporters. If this is representative of her support within the Consevative party, Lois is in DEEP TROUBLE!