Tuesday, February 27, 2007

An Open Letter to the Citizens of Newmarket/Aurora

God bless Canada! For in my country which I love so much, a cantankerous old curmudgeon like myself has the freedom and the opportunity to express my opinions without trepidation and without the fear that on some dark, moonless night, men with sinister purpose will knock on my door and whisk me off to a remote Gulag for expressing those views.

I do not take this privelage and freedom lightly .... for literally generations of men and women, both young and old, have died never seeing their own dreams fulfilled so that I could fulfill mine. They died so that I may live in a country which is special among the nations of the world!

And because Canada is special, it does not merely require, but rather demands our best effort, and our willingness to believe in ourselves and to believe in our capacity to perform great deeds; to believe that together; with the providence of God, we can and will resolve the problems which now confront us.

Upon each and every one depends the fortunes of Canada. It is you who are to decide the important questions upon which rests the happiness and the liberty of millions yet unborn.

I implore each and everyone in the riding of Newmarket/Aurora to act worthy of yourselves and to actively participate in the Conservative Candidate Nomination meeting ... Monday, March 5, 2007 ... at Sir William Mulock Secondary School at 7:00pm.

Listen with understanding to Lois Brown and to Kirk West. Question with integrity and with the abscence of malice. Make your decision with wisdom for Canada ... so that Canada will be greater for you having been there and participated.

Thank-you
Robert Otto

No comments: