Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My Last Lois Brown Post

I'm extremely surprised that 7 little blogs could create such a fuss.

When I first began blogging about Lois Brown it was because, as a former resident of Aurora, It had become tedious seeing her run for various nominations. It came as no surprise when she lost twice to Belinduh. My opinion then, as it is now, is that although she is community active, that does not necessarily translate into votes. In my opinion, Lois has no ideas or solutions to offer. Rather she will repeat the mantras and policies of the party with which she is affiliated. That's not good enough. I have never heard her take a stand on anything or express an opinion on anything. That's not good enough. And quite frankly having Lois running for nomination everytime an election is around the corner, always supported by the same core of individuals and always in the abscence of other credible candidates had become tedious.

Here's a newsflash to the Lois Brown camp. If the majority of residents of Newmarket/Aurora had wanted you as their M.P you would have been elected a long time ago! Believe me, it's time to give up the ghost.

So why have I become involved considering that I longer reside in this riding, after having retired twice? I guess you could say abscence sometimes makes the heart grow fonder. But that wouldn't be quite true. Understand why I gave myself the Cantankerous Conservative moniker. I turned my back on politics over a decade ago. I do not belong to the Conservative party nor to any party for that matter. I belong to me. The Conservative in my moniker refers to my values and I wouldn't give the time of day to at least half the bufoons who have run our Country, our Provinces and cities. I must admit that I like how Prime Minister Harper has governed our country and I hope that the aphrodisia of a Prime Ministership doesn't cause him to shot himself in the foot as it has done to a bevy of preceding Prime Ministers.

I became involved once again, when quite by accident, I stumled across Kirk West's Not the Same Old Same Old website. As I watched and listened to this young man speak, with wisdom beyond his years, the passion which I once felt for the possibilities for Canada was ignited again.

My first blog "Memo to: Lois Brown" was very much tongue-in-cheek. It garnered an eloquent defense from her friend Dianne which I much appreciated.

My second blog "Google Kirk West and Lois Brown" received 29 comments ... WOW! There were diverse opinions and some very unexpected comments. Once again Lois' friend Dianne posted a comment of worth. Her mention of Frank Klees "always endorsing Lois" prompted a response from Val Zans challenging Dianne to "show one reference on the web, in print, or anywhere" of Frank Klees' endorsement. As of this morning no reference has been posted. A comment posted by anonymous stated that he or she did not believe that Frank Klees was supporting anyone in the nomination race. Another anonymous post stated that Frank Klees had fired Lois Brown.

Dianne also asked about Kirk losing an Alliance Party nomination to Lois Brown. Once again Val Zans posted a comment that was absolutely stunning. Val Zans accused Lois Brown and the former Alliance riding association of extremely serious wrong doings in the actual voting process leading to the question by Val Zans as to whether Kirk had actually in fact lost the vote ... for the results of that vote have never ever been made public. Blogger hucksbud corroborated every single accusation made by Val Zans. I want you all to realize the significance of two seperate people having the guts to identify themselves instead of hiding behind an anonymous post. They're basically saying to Lois and the riding association .... bring it on if you dispute our allegations. To date Lois has been completely silent.

Another comment made to that same post, this time by anonymous, was made with yet further serious accusations relating to to the manner in which Lois Brown was apparently given preferential access to the membership list, many months before Kirk was given access to that same list with the supposed purpose being the re-signing of lapsed memberships. The accusation being that Lois was given a sizeable head start on signing members for her own nomination campaign. Once again Lois has been silent on this accusation.

Kirk West then posted a comment stating that he did not want animosity and that since we are all conservatives we should focus on the task at hand and not point fingers.

What surprises me is that, in light of some very serious accusations leveled against Lois Brown, by at least 3 different people ...Lois Brown has not responded ... but Kirk West has... in a very classy way. To me that alone speaks volumes about each candidate's character.

Only Dianne, and one anonymous post suggesting that I suffer from some sort of "small man complex" have come to Lois' defense. Dianne by her actions has clearly demonstrated that she is not only a good friend to Lois but a woman of true character and integrity. I take my hat off to you Dianne!!!!!

To the rest of you supposed friends and supporters of Lois... I say SHAME ON YOU for not standing up and being counted!

The banner on my blog states that "Whenever one has anything unpleasant to say one should always be candid." That's what I have tried to do and that is what I will continue to do!

I would like to thank everyone who has responded to my blogs. I am leaving later in the week for a vacation with my wife. Feel free to comment, I'll have my laptop with me and I understand that even the Europeans have access to the web.

Regardless of whether Kirk or Lois win the candidacy, the Cantankerous Conservative will be back big time ... because it's time for Belinduh to go kicking and screaming into that still night and quickly become a quick and distant memory.

Good Morning Y'all
Robert

Memo to Belinduh: Like your new hair color.... but don't you know that gentlemen prefer blondes? OOPs forgot ....you're with Tie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am slowly starting to understand you and we have a meeting of minds where you said "because it's time for Belinduh to go kicking and screaming into that still night and quickly become a quick and distant memory." This is my main reason for becoming involved in the political process at this time. I am a mother of 7 impressionable children, and they follow Belinduh's
soap opera. Since the character building of my children is a very important part of my parenting, I expect that all those who give example to my children must give the best. Once she decided to Tie one on, I realized that even though I am just a nobody, I had to do something so that my children could see what happens to people who show disrespect for the value of marriage vows. I want everyone in Newmarket and Aurora to stand up and say "We deserve better. Our children matter to us and we want them to have good role models through our elected officials". Really we have to talk Robert, we could make a great team.